Thursday, June 12, 2008

something different

so i went with my sister to her gym today... it was interesting to see the data right in front of me... when i'm running outside i get to pick my pace, and it can change with every step, whereas on the treadmill... it's left at a certain speed... i felt like i pushed myself harder... i'm realllllllllly competetive so when i look over to the treadmill beside me and see a certain speed, or incline, or time i HAVE to beat it! either works to my benefit, or kicks my ass! :P

oh! and i did a week 2 workout! it was ok! i think i was running faster on the treadmill than i do when i'm outside, so it was a little more intense, but i survived it! i put a slight incline to simulate the resistance you get from the road, but we'll see if that was effective when i try my second week 2 workout on saturday... wish me luck!

5 comments:

Turi Becker said...

Some people hate the treadmill; I'm OK with it sometimes. It IS kind of nice to see the numbers right in front of you like that.

It's cool that you're so excited about your training; keep it up!

Derek said...

Great job geting to the second week of workouts. I hate the treadmill, but I have a spinbike that I can sit on all day. Good luck on the Saturday workout!!

jlou said...

Nice progress! I love the treadmill. I just feel like it's easier to control your workout and it eliminates a lot of excuses why I can't go running (too dark, bad weather, etc).

Ama said...

by the way, tag! Check out my blog for details...

Nikemom said...

I use the treadmill to push a pace. I love it. But I love running outside better. :D