Friday, June 6, 2008

day 2

well... looks like my body said run... actually it was saying it excitedly, and over and over again! :) hahaha! all day i was looking forward to my run.. even last night, i was thinking of where i wanted to go to run. i made a new mp3 track with breaks whenever i'm supposed to switch between walking and running... GREAT idea btw! and super easy! wayyyy better than the podcast that's out there... can't stand techno, or that guys voice... so ya i was pumped!

but... -yes there's a but-... i'm not sure it's getting any easier, then again it's only my second day, maybe i shouldn't put so much pressure on myself... and ok, is it just me, or can no one else carry a conversation and run at the same time? i know it says you're supposed to, but ya.. not happening... i wasn't so much tryna talk as i was tryna sing, but either one... notttt working out for me... am i just THAT out of shape?? i do walk for a living (i'm a waitress)... and i love physical activity- i've played ultimate frisbee for years, i did kickboxing, i go rock climbing... i mean.. i'm not a straight off the couch person... but i'm a huffin and a puffin out there... anyone else? please?

either way, i feel good that i got out there! unfortunately, it looks like no run for me the next two days.... but monday! here i come!! (oh, and ps! thanx for the comments! nice to know there's a caring running family out there!)

3 comments:

jlou said...

You're not alone. I think on my day 2 not only was I huffing and puffing, but I was also trying desperately not to lose my lunch all over the treadmill. And that was only after like 2 minutes of running. Seriously. I don't know about you, but when I started running I was trying to go way too fast. Maybe drop your speed down and see if that helps. Stick with it and you'll be amazed at your progress!

Derek said...

Great job getting out there again. I always find the first 5 minutes of my run to be very painful, so much I sometimes wonder why I keep running. I guess its the runners high I get once I get a few miles in. Keep up the good work!!

Matt Walker said...

To this day, I don't even start feeling good until Mile 2. Keep it up!